Back-end Developer Intern
Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamInternships
Join our team as a development intern at Brenger and become part of a rapidly growing clean-tech startup that has built a sustainable transportation platform that solves the inefficient way of transporting bulky goods by optimizing the utilization of every van on the road which reduces the CO2 emission along the way.
What we can offer you:
- An internship period of 4 to 6 months starting in February with an internship fee of €450 per month (40 hours a week).
- A lot of flexibility, freedom and sociability.
- Experience within an ambitious startup in a young and international team.
- Internship in the heart of Amsterdam (next to the Vondelpark).
- Enjoy a joint lunch and weekly Friday afternoon drinks.
What you will do:
We are looking for someone that can help us optimize our customer care workflow. This team is given the difficult task to guide our customers in receiving their second hand bought couch or new desk for their home office. In order to help them perform more efficient you'll:
- Meet with stakeholders and monitor administration tools usage
- Learn to prioritize needs, investigate patterns
- Come up with achievable solutions
We are open to looking for alternative project or product ideas that fit well with your study program.
Our tech stack
We have a core API (PHP 7.4) with supporting micro-services (all Python 3.8) and React based frontends.
The supporting micro-services are built with Python 3.8 and deployed on AWS Lambda
The core back-end service based on API Platform (which is in turn based on Symfony 5)
Redis for caching
PostgreSQL 12 db, hosted on RDS, accessed through SQLAlchemy
GitLab CI (along with most of GitLab’s other parts)
Amazon API Gateway
You’re joining a strong development team of 11 people (6 developers, 3 data scientists, 1 designer and 1 product owner). The rest of the 40 headcount of the company is a split between business, sales, operations and a customer care team. The team is working hybrid remote and at the office. For our interns we asked them to be at the office. We’re light on meetings, our Scrum ceremonies are on a predefined schedule. We use GitLab for issue tracking (simplicity is a virtue), Slack+Google Meets for video calls, Slack for async communication
- You are familiar with the modern PHP (7.4+) ecosystem or an alternative web programming language and willing to learn.
Have good English skills, both written and spoken.
Looking for a MBO4 or HBO internship.
Are you looking for your first Back-end Developer challenge? Join us!
Applying is made easy just answer the 3 questions via the application form and add your resume if you have one. Do you have any questions? Please contact Martijn via LinkedIn.
Deadline to respond on vacancy: 1 December
We love to hear from you! ⚡
Want to see what we do? Check our explanatory video here.